Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My potatoes are here!

I have 10 different types of potatoes. Yay! In total I will have about 95 plants. The different types I have and there description:
Desiree/Rose colored with a creamy yellow inside
Purple Majesty/ Purple outside and inside
Russet Burbank/ typical french fry or baked potato type
Nooksack/ Not sure??? Ha!
Yellow Finn/ brown with yellow inside kinda like a Yukon gold
Sangre/very red outside white inside
Irish Cobbler/brown outside white inside
Viking Purple/Deep purple outside with hints of hot pink very white inside
Basic Red Potatoes/We all know what these look like:)
All Blue/Dark blue purple on the outside and blueberry colored on the outside
Some of these are early potatoes which mean I can eat them sooner. Some are late potatoes which take one and a half to twice as long to mature. I will just have to play it by ear. I could very well get as many as 1,000 potatoes out of my plants. I don't think I can eat all of those. I will be selling some at the market. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment